Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
- The metadata must not be re-used in any medium for commercial purposes without formal permission.
Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- reproduced, displayed or performed, and given to third parties in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the content is not changed in any way
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- Some full items are individually tagged with different rights permissions and conditions.
- This repository is not the publisher; it is merely the online archive.
Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- City Research Online holds all types of materials.
- Deposited items may include:
- working drafts
- submitted versions (as sent to journals for peer-review)
- accepted versions (author's final peer-reviewed drafts)
- published versions (publisher-created files)
- Items are individually tagged with:
- their version type and date.
- their peer-review status.
- their publication status.
Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members of the organisation, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of City Research Online, valid layout & format, and the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is checked by internal subject specialists.
- Items can be deposited at any time, but will not be made publicly visible until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- City University London attaches great importance to adherence to professional, legal and ethical obligations. Every effort has been made to ensure that content in City Research Online does not infringe any persons’ rights, or UK or international laws, including copyright, confidentiality, and data protection.
- If you own the copyright in any material found on City Research Online and feel that the use does not conform to any exceptions found in law that might permit the re-use of the material, or that permission has not been granted, then please contact us, providing the information below, and we will remove this content from our website pending investigation of your claim.
- You may also contact us if you feel any other relevant laws have been contravened by any material in City Research Online.
- Information to be provided in the event of a claim:
We will acknowledge your claim, remove the work that is the subject of the claim, and investigate, consulting appropriate personnel (including the author, if possible). When we have concluded our investigation, we will communicate our decision to you.
Please send your claim to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your name and contact details.
- Full details of the work in which the alleged infringement is found, including author, title and URL of the work in which it is found.
- Full details of the alleged infringement, including original source of the material, and the way in which it is infringing in the work in City Research Online.
- An assertion of the accuracy of your claim, and that it is made in good faith.
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- City Research Online will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- Where possible, software emulations will be provided to access un-migrated formats.
- City Research Online regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- The original bit stream is retained for all items, in addition to any upgraded formats.
- Items may not normally be removed from City Research Online.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
Errata and corrigenda lists may be included with the original record if required.
If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
In the event of City Research Online being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research